Constructed in 1869 to help elevate the problem of poor ventilation in the Main Building, the Fan House housed steam powered fans that forced fresh air though a ventilation system that connected to the rear of the Main Building. In-between the fan house and the rear of the main building was a storage building, which would later be used as a pantry for the kitchen. All of these buildings were demolished around 1900 when the hospital was rebuilt following the new "Cottage Plan".





Copyright 2007 - 2016 • Thomas Industries • All rights reserved